Monday, February 26, 2007

the last straw

I had a moment, or maybe hours of moments of clarity this past week. It all started with a picture that Marcella had posted on her MySpace page of me holding baby Garrett. I couldn't believe the picture. I thanked her for the picture and for giving me the kick in the butt that I desperately needed. I didn't even recognize who that fat old person was staring back at me. That's it, what am I doing? So I'm here to announce that I'm making big changes in my life. I have joined Weight Watchers meetings...first one on Tuesday night. I have signed up on the website traineo.com which tracks diet and exercise and allows you to choose motivators to monitor your progress.

With all our family history of really nasty diseases I'm giving myself a fighting chance to live a long, happy, healthy life and to watch and enjoy my future grandchildren along with my wonderful husband. I'm also starting another blog that will journal my new life changes and help me see my progress along the way towards my personal goals. So wish me luck, root me on and support me with my new commitment. Love you all.

No comments: