Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Saying goodbye to Sweet Sequoia


We put our sweet Sequoia down this morning. She was 13 years old. She has been suffering for a while with arthritus in her back hips and it had gotten to the point where she couldn't get into our vehicles or climb the stairs. She had also become quite deaf and had trouble going potty. I was kind of hoping that Nature would take her instead of us having to make the decision to take her in but it didn't happen that way. CJ and Ashley were with her. Indigo is going to need lots of love since he's lost his lifelong dog pal and partner in crime.

We fell in love with her the moment we saw her as a young pup. She had an amazing big pink "cow" belly...the coloring looked like a cow, and when CJ picked her up for the first time she pee'd on him! She had one blue eye, one brown and we had to take her home right that minute! The girls were away in California and we didn't tell them that we had gotten another dog. (Nikita was our first). So when they came home, they looked out the sliding glass door and said; "Hey's there's two of them!". That was the hottest summer that year, and poor Sequoia with her big puppy belly flopped herself down on the cool bricks of the fireplace and tried to manage the heat.

I'm glad you're not suffering any longer, my sweet Sequoia...I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't have read this. I'm hysterical in my office. Loved that dog. Give Indigo a hug for me. xoxo Jerri

Mr & Mrs Smith said...

So sorry for your loss Johnson family - Sequoia was a great dog.