Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year! 2011....here I come!

Happy New Year!!...I told you Christmas was going to be a flurry...it was a whirlwind. We are all moved into our new place and settling in nicely.

It's a mix of emotions to be back in Auburn again. In one respect I feel like I'm going backwards, and in another I feel at home, safe and content already. It has changed a lot since I left many, many years ago, but I'm comfortable, and I know my sister is close by, along with my nieces and nephews and their families. That feels good.

Ellis started school this week, and he says he really likes it. He even starting riding the bus on his second day! What an amazingly resilient little boy he is. He was a bit moody in the evenings this week, but who can blame him, seriously. He didn't ask for any of this, but has taken it all in stride. So proud of him.

I also found a new preschool for Garrett and he starts on Monday. He is very excited to make new friends and get back to school. He is my social butterfly and will charm the socks off of anyone who comes within ear shot. He is having a special treat this weekend; one on one time with Auntie P. I'm sure he is having a great time and getting a much needed break from the sibling rivalry between Ellis and him.

Brooke Anne is doing well also. She has her own room finally. This is the first time since she was born that she has had her very own room. I of course took full advantage of it, and painted it very girly just for her. Pink, lavender and yellow walls for my darling princess.

So it's Saturday night and here I am...being a single mama of young Littles gives you a lot of alone time in the evenings. I have been painting like mad, making this our own place with my style. My master bathroom is a beautiful pale blue and chocolate brown, with white trim... uh huh, very Martha Stewart of me. The family room and kitchen will come along soon too. Budgeting in the home improvement costs slowly...

CJ and I are doing fine in our respective new lives. He seems to enjoy his new job and actually just changed positions and received a new focus account. We are cordial and still great friends who text and share things. He did tell me this week he is dating now. I think it came as a shock to other people more than I. Although we recently have moved out from under the same roof, it has been almost a year now since we have been apart as husband and wife. It hurt when he told me, feelings of being replaced and all that, but I want him happy and loved. He deserves peace and happiness. I'm really ok with it. Nobody walked in our shoes during our marriage and know what we have been through. He is a good man and I want nothing but the best for him. Damn we're healthy, aren't we?!

Alright, well I'm off to get some much needed rest from a busy week of home improvement and new schedules with the children.

I wish for you an amazing 2011...with joy, happiness, discovery and most of all, love.

No comments: